Free and convenient parking is available at Smith Point County Park for this event before 8:30am. Please see the Facts page for driving directions.
|7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.||–||Check In for pre-registered runners|
|8:45 a.m.||–||Road Closed to Traffic (The draw bridge remains down for entire race)|
|8:50 a.m.||–||Final Call to Runners|
|9:00 a.m.||–||5K Run Shotgun Start|
|10:00 a.m.||–||Bridge and Road Traffic Resumes|
|10:30 a.m.||–||Awards Ceremony|
5K Run Route
- Leave north side of beach parking lot, turn right to cross bridge and continue to Roneck Court.
- Turn and re-cross bridge; proceed around traffic circle.
- Run along beach road up to the second traffic circle.
- Return via beach road to parking lot.
- Keeping to the west and south edges of the parking lot, proceed to and through the second pedestrian tunnel leading to the beach.
- The finish line will be at the pavilion.
PLEASE OBEY ALL BARRIERS & RESTRICTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN PLACED ON THE BRIDGE AND ROADWAY.
Walkers are welcome on the course and jogging strollers may be used. However, for the safety of runners, bicycles and roller skates/in-line skates are prohibited.
Medical, Water and Refreshments
- Medical assistance is available onsite.
- There are two water tables on the course
- Water and refreshments are available to runners after the race.
If you observe “course cutters,” “jumpers-in,” or “false starters,” please report his or her number to a race official at the finish line. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of USATF rules.